Our FREE adult and child weight management services are now available for individuals and families who live in Bedford Borough, Central Bedfordshire or Milton Keynes, and who meet the below eligibility criteria.
At MoreLife, we’re passionate about supporting adults, children, young people and their families to lead healthier lives. We’ve been successfully delivering weight management programmes in local communities for over 20 years. Our programmes are:
FLEXIBLE – our programmes are tailored to meet your needs and the needs of the group
ACCESSIBLE – face-to-face groups are held at a variety of local venues, with telephone, text Skype and online support between groups
SOCIABLE – all our adult and child programmes are delivered in a group setting and include fun, interactive activities for children
PSYCHOLOGICALLY INFORMED – we don’t tell you what to do, rather we’ll help you to understand how thoughts, emotions and feelings influence your decisions
EVIDENCE-BASED – our strong links to Leeds Beckett University mean all our programmes are based on the latest, cutting-edge research
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
Our programme is FREE for adults who have been referred through a Health Professional and meet the following criteria.
- Be aged 16 or above, and a resident of Bedford Borough, Central Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or above
- Have a BMI of 27.5+ from a Black African, African-Caribbean or South Asian population
- Have a BMI of 27.5+ and have one or more of the following: Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Cardio Vascular Disease, Osteoarthritis, Dyslipidaemia, Sleep Apnoea, Non-diabetic hyperglycaemia
FOR CHILDREN, TEENS AND FAMILIES
Our weight management programme is FREE for children and young people who meet the below eligibility criteria, and their families.
- 5 – 18 years of age, and resident of Bedford Borough, Central Bedfordshire or Milton Keynes, or attends a school in one of these areas.
- Has a Body Mass Index (BMI) above the 91st centile on the growth chart
REFER YOURSELF OR YOUR CHILD
If you would like to refer yourself, a child or someone you care for, please complete this form. If referring an adult, you must have permission to share their personal details.
Patients must meet the above eligibility criteria and not have an eating disorder, an underlying medical cause for obesity or have a complex or unstable co-morbidity. If you are unsure about any of these criteria, please consult your GP.
FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
If you have a patient who would benefit from our services, please complete this form. Alternatively you can request a PDF form by emailing email@example.com – simply fill in the form and return it to the same email address.
Patients must meet the above eligibility criteria and not have an eating disorder, an underlying medical cause for obesity or have a complex or unstable co-morbidity.