Morelife Camden & Islington
In Your Area
Morelife provides weight management programmes for adults, designed to create long-lasting shifts in behaviour and give clients the tools and support they need to achieve their health goals.
Our 12-Week Programme
The Morelife 12-week, group programme offers a psychologically-informed model. Each session lasts for one and a half hours with a 30-minute drop-in before or after.
Each week you’ll focus on a different topic. These range from learning about nutrition and portion sizes to understanding the importance of sleep.
Our practitioners don’t tell people what to do, instead, you will be guided and supported to understand how thoughts, emotions and feelings influence decisions. We’ll help you to develop strategies to make healthier choices, cope with setbacks and manage specific triggers like stress.
Are You Eligible?
Our programme is FREE for adults who self-refer or are referred by a health professional, and meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 18 or above, and a resident or registered with a GP practice in Camden or Islington
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or above
- Have a BMI of 27.5+ from a Black African-Caribbean or South Asian population
- Have a BMI of 23+ from a Black African, African-Caribbean or South Asian population and have one or more health conditions: examples include Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Cardio Vascular Disease, Osteoarthritis, Dyslipidaemia, Sleep Apnoea, Non-diabetic hyperglycaemia
- Have a BMI of 25+ and have one or more of the following: Examples include: Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Cardio Vascular Disease, Osteoarthritis, Dyslipidaemia, Sleep Apnoea, Non-diabetic hyperglycaemia