It’s Dietitian’s Week and throughout the week we are putting our dietitians under the spotlight. It’s the turn of Gemma Vivian, Digital Weight Management Dietitian at MoreLife.
Background: Hi there! I’m Gemma, and I’m from Cornwall. I studied in South Wales and previously worked as a Public Health Dietitian. I’ve also spent time working as a Locum Dietitian, providing dietetic care in the community, as well as running outpatient clinics.
Current role: I currently work for MoreLife as a Digital Weight Management Dietitian. My role involves supporting clients virtually with their weight-loss journey, via an online programme called ‘My Life Plan’. I work with a fantastic team, including fellow Dietitians, and alongside Psychologists.
Personal interests: When I’m not working, I’m a big lover of the ocean, sunshine, keeping fit and exploring new places!
Favourite aspect of being a Dietitian: Sharing my passion and knowledge of nutrition to help improve the health and wellbeing of others.
Favourite recipe: Banana Pancake
Banana Pancake Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- 30g oats
- 100mls milk
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 2tsp vegetable oil
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 handful of your favourite fruit (for topping)
1. Whisk the eggs, milk and cinnamon together in a bowl.
2. Add mashed banana and oats to the egg mix and stir.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and pour in the pancake mix.
4. Cook for approximately five minutes on a medium heat.
5. (Be brave) flip and cook the pancake for a further two minutes or until cooked through and golden on both sides.
6. Top with your favourite fruit and ENJOY!