Family Weight Management
Our healthy lifestyle programme supports children aged 4-17 years old and their families. Our programmes encourage children and young people who are above a healthy weight to eat healthier, move more and feel better.
Our fun-filled and family-focused programmes are filled with exciting activities that will make your whole family feel healthier and happier.
This course also gives you a chance to get involved, we’ll help your whole family build a healthy relationship with food and learn more about the importance of looking after our minds and our bodies.
Due to health issues and multiple surgeries, Sid struggled to exercise and as a result, his weight increased.
Sid’s family became very worried as they have a strong family of T2 diabetes.
He joined the Physical Activity on Referral Service (PARS), and with the help of his practitioner he started walking 3-4 hours a week and playing tennis. His mum prepared healthy lunches and reduced his portion sizes.
He successfully maintained his BMI and is now feeling healthier and happier.
"My favourite activity was tennis. I went every week and didn't miss a single class."
Why Join A MoreLife Family Weight Management Programme?
- Delicious and nutritious recipes you’ll love
- Exciting activities
- Physical activities suitable for the whole family
- Practical healthy eating tips and advice
- Meet other like-minded families
- Ongoing support from our weight management practitioners and nutritionists
What Will I Be Doing?
- We play lots of fun games and activities like dodgeball, football, badminton and more!
- Learn about healthy eating, reading food labels and me-sized meals
- Learn how to cook nutritious meals for the whole family
- Connecting with like-minded families
- Understand how to self-care and prioritise your well-being.