BEDFORDSHIRE AND MILTON KEYNES VACANCIES
Listed below are the vacancies currently available at our Bedford office.
PARTNERSHIPS AND ENGAGEMENT LEAD
Job title: Partnerships and Engagement Lead
Location: Bedfordshire & Milton Keynes (travel across the two areas will be required)
Hours: 37.5 hours a week pro-rata if part-time (will incl. evenings and weekends)
Salary: £25,500 pa pro-rata if part-time plus 3% pension contribution as of 1st April 2019
Reports to: Service Manager
Purpose of job: The purpose of the role is to manage the engagement and the marketing team (incl. tier 1 delivery) to raise awareness of the MoreLife service with stakeholders.
Key Relationships: Engagement & Tier 1 Practitioner and Marketing Events Coordinator as direct reports. Weight Management Service Lead and Practitioners. External Stakeholders and Partners.
MoreLife deliver Weight Management Services and Healthy School Programmes across Bedford & Milton Keynes; which is funded by Bedfordshire Borough Council, Central Bedford Council & Milton Keynes Council.
The offer includes the following:
- An engagement team which will be central to supporting the whole of the MoreLife Service;
- Adult & child weight management services,
- Maternity weight management support,
- Healthy schools’ programmes,
- Public Health campaigns and events.
Teams will work in a locality focused way engaging and link working with the Voluntary, Community & Faith (VCF) sector, schools and Health & Social Care colleagues including Integrated Neighborhood Teams.
Teams will also work as programme specific groups to ensure clinical effectiveness.
All teams need to be committed to active engagement with/working within the community and need to understand the issues that impact on those living and working in the community.
The post holder will also need to be aware of and committed to the vision, policies and practices of the organisation.
The Partnerships and Engagement Lead will work closely and flexibly with the Service Manager and Weight Management Lead to ensure the services are delivered according to the terms of the contract across Bedfordshire & Milton Keynes and will achieve the KPIs within the defined budget.
The role will ensure that the systems are in place to ensure enough individuals are referred to the programmes and that these programmes are delivered to a high standard to achieve positive outcomes for the individuals involved, in a cost-effective manner.
The Partnerships and Engagement Lead will be responsible for the co-ordination of the service and team in addition to ensuring the team are allocated appropriately, venues are sourced and co-ordinating the relevant resources and events, campaigns, training etc as required.
Manage the team
- Manage the team to:
- Increase awareness and engagement across Bedfordshire & Milton Keynes through locality link working
- Ensure all KPIs are achieved
- Ensure all activities, events and training are resourced appropriately with the right staff, demonstrating appropriate skills, knowledge and capability. * Liaise directly with the Service Manager to ensure the effective delivery of the programme.
- Be involved in team meetings working to the Performance Management and improvement framework.
- Have monthly 1:1 meetings with all the team with the following focus:
- Performance Targets – set agreed performance targets with the team in line with KPI’s
- KPI’s – individual achievement against contractual KPI’s
- Agree areas where additional training is required. * Facilitate appraisal process for all staff in line with company policy
- Regularly monitor with the Clinical Leads Service Manager the KPIs and the overall success of the programme.
- Work with the Data analyst to agreed reporting of service KPI’s required by the commissioners and produce management and financial reports on request.
Marketing and Stakeholder Engagement
- This is a key objective for this team. The engagement team will work in a locality focused way engaging and link working with the Voluntary, Community & Faith (VCF) sector and Health & Social Care colleagues including Integrated Neighbourhood Teams/Connect Teams. This team will be the infrastructure to support awareness raising and drive quality referrals and self-referrals to all the MoreLife Service. As well as stakeholder engagement and locality working and GP links, supporting Public Health Campaign delivery and events.
- The engagement and partnerships team need to be committed to active engagement with/working within the community and need to understand the issues that impact on those living and working in the community.
- The lead will have an excellent understanding of the wider determinants of health and be familiar with local community and the key issues affecting health in that area. They will be able to provide support, information, health awareness and training to groups and individuals within the community to actively promote healthier lifestyles, and the OneLife offer.
- Ensure regular engagement with key partners, stakeholders, and commissioners who will be regularly involved and contribute to the on-going success of the service. Develop partnerships and regular communication with potential referrers, stakeholder and commissioners through local networks and events.
- Liaise with central office staff to contribute to enhancements in the website including content for the members’ site and the management information required.
- Develop a plan of the stakeholder engagement link working to deliver the KPIs.
- Make arrangements to provide staff cover when required
- Monitor activity, engagement work, training delivered and events, as well as referral numbers to ensure programmes and activities meet necessary needs of stakeholders and commissioners and demand.
- Collate feedback from our stakeholders and service users. Produce analytical reports with the focus on furthering the development of the programmes and team.
- Collate and monitor annual leave/sickness to provide cover for programme delivery and to manage staff with in the Team.
Any other task commensurate with the role as required
- Identify potential business development opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of bids/proposals as required.
To be accountable for Quality & Governance Framework, Health & Safety, Safeguarding, IG and Risk across the whole of the contract.
To maintain a positive attitude to Quality, Health and Safety, Safeguarding, IG and Risk in carrying out personal responsibilities and to ensure staff compliance with Health and Safety policy/local rules/Codes of practice relating to Quality Improvement, Clinical Governance, Health and Safety, Safeguarding, IG and Risk.
Resources for which Job Holder is accountable:
- Awareness of the need to ensure operational costs are managed in line with budget. Liaising with the Finance Director about expenditure.
- To actively identify efficiencies and reduction of costs through better people, productivity, safety and process improvement which produces a positive customer experience.
- To effectively manage and motivate MoreLife team members.
- To ensure effective management of MoreLife HR processes and recruitment for reporting roles.
- To support MoreLife internal and external communications strategy
- To ensure effective management of MoreLife contracts including dialogue and relationships with commissioners.
- To identify and support the training and development of team members in order to meet the changing needs of the business.
Post holders must always carry out their job responsibilities with due regard to the More Life’s Equal Opportunity policy.
- Educated to degree level with a relevant post graduate qualification or equivalent experience.
- Previous management experience.
- Experience/Knowledge of public sector services (i.e. National (DH, DfE, PHE, NHS England) Local (Local Authorities, CCG’s) Charities and other public sector agencies.
- Experience in planning, implementation, monitoring and review, maintenance of records for programme delivery and continued programme development.
- Experience of working in partnership with a range of organizations particularly those in the public sector.
- Previous experience and a knowledge of the remainder: provision of public services, health promotion, behaviour modification programmes, quality control, stakeholder engagement activities, research and evaluation, and project management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with emphasis on report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent Information Technology skills with the ability to rapidly acquire new skills.
- Ability to use own initiative and work flexibly as part of a team to tight deadlines. In addition, an adaptable and flexible approach to work, including the ability to work evenings and weekends when required.
- Ability to present a professional image with internal and external stakeholders.