MoreLife provide weight management programmes for adults, designed to create long-lasting shifts in behaviour and give clients the tools and support they need to achieve their health goals.
Our 12 week programme
The MoreLife 12-week, group programme offers a psychologically-informed model. Each session lasts for one and a half hours with a 30-minute drop in before or after.
Each week you’ll focus on a different topic. These range from learning about nutrition and portion sizes, to understanding the importance of sleep.
Our practitioners don’t tell people what to do, instead, you will be guided and supported to understand how thoughts, emotions and feelings influence decisions. We’ll help you to develop strategies to make healthier choices, cope with setbacks and manage specific triggers like stress.
- Understanding and recognising weight influences
- Making informed choices – regulating impulse control
- Gain a better understanding of reading food labels
comparing food labels e.g. portion size, calorie value
- Understand what is meant by activity
- Able to identify ways of overcoming barriers/hurdles
- Activity vs Calories
- Understanding the difference between physical & emotional hunger
- Implementing healthier coping mechanisms
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
Our programme is FREE for adults who meet the following criteria.
- Be aged 16 or above, and a resident of Bedford Borough, Central Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or above
- Have a BMI of 27.5+ from a Black African, African-Caribbean or South Asian population
- Have a BMI of 27.5+ and have one or more of the following: Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Cardio Vascular Disease, Osteoarthritis, Dyslipidaemia, Sleep Apnoea, Non-diabetic hyperglycaemia
Sandra Adult Weight Management Completer
“I feel as if I have more energy and confidence since starting the MoreLife programme.”
Zoom ClientAdult Weight Management
“Just a quick message to say thank you once again. I no longer count the calories, but do maintain my weight with portion control, healthy food options and exercise. I am often asked about my weight loss and recommend your programme to people that ask. I feel so much happier and my wife also reached her weight goals alongside me, two for one!”
JanetAdult Weight Management Completer
“I started my MoreLife journey at 94.5kg, and 12 weeks later, I was 86.4kg! Unfortunately, COVID-19 then hit so I now work every day instead of part-time, this made it harder for me to maintain my diet. I find it hard now being able to go swimming but I have been doing 10k steps every day and will continue to lose weight.”
Our programmes are evidence-based which means we use the latest research to inform our programme content and our partnership with Leeds Beckett University allows us to access the latest research. This relationship gives us the ability to take feedback from our clients and staff, and use this to drive the research topics creating relevant and reliable research conclusions which we use to continually improve our programmes.