MoreLife provide weight management programmes for adults, designed to create long-lasting shifts in behaviour and give clients the tools and support they need to achieve their health goals.
Our 12 week programme
The MoreLife 12-week, group programme offers a psychologically-informed model. Each session lasts for one and a half hours with a 30-minute drop in before or after.
Each week you’ll focus on a different topic. These range from learning about nutrition and portion sizes, to understanding the importance of sleep.
Our practitioners don’t tell people what to do, instead, you will be guided and supported to understand how thoughts, emotions and feelings influence decisions. We’ll help you to develop strategies to make healthier choices, cope with setbacks and manage specific triggers like stress.
Here’s a few examples of the sessions included on the 12 week programme:
- Understanding and recognising weight influences
- Making informed choices – regulating impulse control
- Gain a better understanding of reading food labels
comparing food labels e.g. portion size, calorie value
- Understand what is meant by activity
- Able to identify ways of overcoming barriers/hurdles
- Activity vs Calories
- Understanding the difference between physical & emotional hunger
- Implementing healthier coping mechanisms
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
Our programme is FREE for adults who have been referred through a Health Professional and meet the following criteria.
- Be aged 16 or above, and a resident of Bedford Borough, Central Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or above
- Have a BMI of 27.5+ from a Black African, African-Carribean or South Asian population
- Have a BMI of 27.5+ and have one or more of the following: Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Cardio Vascular Disease, Osteoarthritis, Dyslipidaemia, Sleep Apnoea, Non-diabetic hyperglycaemia
Our programmes are evidence-based which means we use the latest research to inform our programme content and our partnership with Leeds Beckett University allows us to access the latest research. This relationship gives us the ability to take feedback from our clients and staff, and use this to drive the research topics creating relevant and reliable research conclusions which we use to continually improve our programmes.